Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Intersections Staff: Jane Lang

An Interview

Jacqueline Lawton: What is your job for the INTERSECTIONS Festival?
Jane Lang: I originated the concept of the INTERSECTIONS festival, and then turned it over to Mary Hall Surface and the program committee to fill in the interstices. They’ve given it life!

JL: Where were you born? How did you end up where you are now?
J. Lang: I was born in New York City, in the boroughs of Queens at Kew Gardens Hospital. I came to DC after graduating from University of Pennsylvania Law School, because I got a good job with a law firm here. I was excited about living in DC after having spent a summer here.

JL: Who are your heroes?
J. Lang: My mother. My husband. All non-violent protestors.

JL: List five words that describe your personality.
J. Lang: Basically hopeful, caring, anxious, grateful, awed.

JL: What is your favorite quote?
J. Lang: "Don’t cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss

JL: What is the best advice you have to give?
J. Lang: Giving up is not an option.

JL: What do you think will be cool about the festival?
J.Lang: The collaborations and intersections of artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment