Thursday, January 21, 2010

Intersections Artist: Word Beat

An Interview with Charles Williams

Jacqueline Lawton: What type of artist are you?
CW: I am a singer and an actor (spoken word)

JL: Where were you born? And how did you get here?
CW: I was born in Haynesville Louisiana- After spending several decades in Europe, it was time to come home. We wanted to be on the East Coast, but not in NY.

JL: Who are your heroes?
CW: My heroes are Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, and all the ancestors that came before me.

JL: If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
CW: What animal would I be? I think some kind of mutt dog. They are loved and are loving.

JL: What is the best advice you have to give?
CW: Listen!!

JL: How do you feel your performance fits into the festival?
CW: Word-Beat does a repertoire that is perfect for the festival.

JL: Finish this sentence: I am an intersection of...
CW: deep friendship, and being together with like minded people.
~~

Word-Beat
The Legacy of Langston, a multi-disciplinary salute to Langston Hughes, featuring popular collaborators singer/actor Charles Williams and percussionist/composer Tom Teasley.
Saturday, Feb 27 at 7:30 PM
Lab II
Tickets: $10
For audiences ages 11 and up.

www.word-beat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment