Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Intersections Artist: Washington Performing Arts Society

An Interview with Najee Thompson and Monet Gooch

Jacqueline Lawton: Where were you born? How did you end up where you are now?
Najee Thompson: I was born in Baltimore City, I ended up where I am now by God, first and foremost. But I ended up here by singing at my church and going to performing arts schools for middle school and high school.
Monet Gooch: I was born in Washington, DC. and ended up where I am now because my family wanted better for our life.

JL: Who are your heroes?
NT: My heroes are Barack Obama, and Stevie Wonder
MG: My heroes are my Mom because she I believe she work so hard just to make a better life for me and helps me to rise above everything

JL: What is your personal theme song?
MG: Never Would Have Made It - Marvin Sapp

JL: What is the best advice you have to give?
NT: Strive to reach your goal. Never settle for less no matter what, don't let anybody tell you can't because you can and you will, you and God control your future.

JL: Why did you want to be a part of intersections?
NT: I want to be a part of intersections because I feel that I can give to the community. I feel that maybe that certain performance on that certain day someone may realize that HEY they want to start singing and they may decide that is their career path to start singing. To bring the main frame together, I feel that I can be the influence that someone lives their dream.

JL: What do you think will be cool about the festival?
MG: I think seeing the different performances and the discipline that goes on in the different performance groups. Each performance has a story and history and I think being able to experience the history of each performer/performance is what makes it cool.
~~
Washington Performing Arts Society

Summer Academy Live! WPAS presents a concert of their up and coming youth performers in Children of the Gospel, the Capital Jazz Project and Summer Steps with Step Afrika!
Saturday, Feb 27 at 2pm
Lang Theater
Tickets: $5
For audiences of all ages.

www.wpas.org

No comments:

Post a Comment