Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Intersections Artist: Arena Stage presents Voices of Now

An Interview with Taelor A. Price, DeLante Fludd, Ashley H., Laneisha McCauley and Adrienne C. Marvritte

Jacqueline Lawton: What type of artist are you?
Taelor: I am a transformed artist.
DeLante: I am an Actor and Visual Artist
Ashley: I am a literal artist.
Laneisha: I am a performer and a writer.
Adrienne: I am a crazy, loveable artist who loves to make people
laugh.

JL: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
Taelor: I would be in my own little world with my own little house and car with a bunch of little people who love me dearly.
DeLante: I would be in Australia.
Ashley: California.
Laneisha: I would be on 13th Street, talking to Elizabeth.
Adrienne: I would be travelling from Spain to France to Italy to Hawaii. I can always imagine myself there.

JL: What is your personal theme song?
Taelor: My theme song is Moving Forward by Hezekiah Walker
DeLante: Hero by Mariah Carey.
Laneisha: The Sign
Adrienne: Follow Me by Uncle Kracker because it’s like how I feel on life man.

JL: What is the best advice you have to give?
Taelor: Pray
DeLante: Label the food you put in the refrigerator.
Ashley: Life goes on no matter what, so don’t dwell on what tomorrow won’t hold.
Laneisha: Don’t force. If the shoe doesn’t fit, get a different size.
Adrienne: Don’t wear any boy shorts or thongs on stage. It will give you major wedgies.

JL: How do you feel your performance fits into the festival?
DeLante: Because you have encounter encounters at intersections or crossing points in your life and we will show some in our performance.
Laneisha: Our performance is called Encounter, so I feel it fists pretty well.
Adrienne: Voices of Now is a great fit because as artists we are constantly exploring the intersections of life.
~~

Voices of Now
Encounter
, a musically poetic look at young peoples' lives devised and performed by Arena's top youth ensemble.

Sunday, Feb 28 at 2:30 PM

Sunday, Mar 7 at 2:30 PM

Sprenger Theater
Tickets: $5
For audiences ages 11 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment