Thursday, January 28, 2010

Intersections Artist: Lulu Falls

An Interview

Jacqueline Lawton: What type of artist are you?
Lulu Falls: I am a jazz and alternative soul vocalist. I studied jazz in college, and evolved my sound since to incorporate alternative soul and experimental/acoustic elements.

JL: Where were you born? How did you end up where you are now?
LF: I was born in Takoma, MD, and raised in Washington, DC. My parents moved to DC from France in the early 80's...so that's how I got here.

JL: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
LF: If I could be anywhere in the world, I'd split my time between Cameroon and Senegal. My parents are from there and the majority of my extended family still lives there.

JL: What is your personal theme song?
LF: My personal theme song would be Miles Davis' Flamenco Sketches. Beautiful song...makes you reflect...

JL: Why did you want to be a part of intersections?
LF: I wanted to be part of Intersections because these 3 words attracted me: race, art and culture. Especially because of my background, I am an extremely cultural person by nature, and I directly reflect that element in my music. Intersections is so different from other festivals in that this festival is almost like a melting pot of cultural art forms. Whether it's film, visual art, or music, Intersections will allow all of these art forms to merge into each other in the most creative way. I MUST be part of that mending, molding and merging!

JL: What do you think will be cool about the festival?
LF: This festival is attracting and merging a wide variety of artists with vast backgrounds. In a creative environment such as this, there is no choice but to learn something new, different, and apply it to your respective craft.
~~
Lulu Fall
Two Cafe Concerts by a dynamic new Senegalese-Cameroonian-American vocalist and her guitarist Andy Fahs.
Saturday, Feb 20 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Friday, Mar 5 from 6:30 - 8:00
PM
Lobby
FREE

www.myspace.com/lulufall

No comments:

Post a Comment