Friday, January 29, 2010

Intersections Artist: Arena Stage

An Interview with Marva Hicks

Jacqueline Lawton: What type of artist are you?
MH: I am a singer, actor, songwriter, writer.

JL: Where were you born? How did you end up where you are now?
MH: Petersburg, Virginia. I attended Howard University and from there I moved to New York. I lived in Los Angeles for ten years and now I'm back in New York.

JL: Who are your heroes?
MH: My grandparents, my mother, my Aunt Virgie President and Mrs. Obama. And my friends and loved ones who have overcome cancer and other extremely challenging health and life issues.

JL: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
MH: I would be in Paris on my way to the Caribbean for the holiday.

JL: What is your personal theme song?
MH: BLESSED, by Fred Hammon

JL: What is the best advice you have to give?
MH: Protect your Character. It will sustain you in all situations.

JL: Why did you want to be a part of intersections?
MH: To share the cultural aspects of my family and my faith.

~~
Marva Hicks
Gospel Truth, the stirring, real-life story of musical artist Marva Hicks' journey from her rural Virginia roots to Broadway and beyond.
Saturday, Feb 20 at 7:30 PM
Sunday, Feb 21 at 2:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 21 at 7:30 PM

Sprenger Theater
Tickets: $25
For ages 13 and up.

http://www.arenastage.org

No comments:

Post a Comment