Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Moving Art with Kevin Reese

"I must say, I am so excited about this festival. It's an incredible honor to be a part of something that brings so many different artists, cultures and disciplines together in one creative extravaganza.

Although I won't be performing on a stage, I'll be in the lobby on March 5th from 2 to 5, creating spontaneous mobiles with whoever walks by. Each person will be given a piece of colored card stock that they can cut into any shape that they want. Then they'll write on the piece their own answer to the question, "what are you an intersection of?" I'll add each piece to the mobile and we'll see where it goes. I really enjoy creating these mobiles because you never know how they're going to look. The finished product is always great, but it's the process that I enjoy more than anything.

I hope to see you all there!" --Kevin Reese
~~

Balancing at the Intersection with mobile artist Kevin Reese
Participate in the creation of a moving piece of art! Make one of the many pieces that will come together to balance in a high-flying mobile built on-site at the festival. Mobile artist Kevin Reese, founder of SchoolSculptures, works with communities across the United States to envision, design and install playful visual celebrations of many parts becoming one beautiful whole. All ages are welcome to be a part of his unique INTERSECTIONS creation.
Saturday, Mar 6
2:00 - 5:00 PM
Lobby
FREE

www.schoolsculptures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment